What are cookies ?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
About Privacy and Data
- We do not engage in commercial transactions here;
- We don’t allow comments or other interactions in the site itself;
- We have no web advertising engines installed or running; and,
- We have no interest in knowing who you, individually, are.
Like virtually everyone else who operates a web site, however, we are interested in:
- Knowing how many people use this web site;
- Knowing which articles, pages or content are popular; and,
- Knowing how users are finding the site (e.g., a web search).
That allows us to understand how we’re doing, what works and what doesn’t, so we can make this site better and more interesting. To do that, we use:
- Google Analytics, a popular web site tool that tells us how many people came here, and which articles, pages or content were accessed, over time. We also can see approximately where, geographically, visitors are coming from (which countries).
This tool, as well as the web site itself, utilize cookies in order to function properly. You can do a web search for Google Analytics to learn about how they work if you’re concerned about that. Our interest in the data is generating is limited solely to what we outlined above.We guarantee by our use of Google Analytics is not to produce anything accessible to us that contains any details of your personal identity.